The recipe is Paula Deen's and it's on the food network here: Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding
I don't use cool whip because I think it makes it too sweet. Instead I use all fresh, unsweetened, whipped cream for the whipped topping.
I've also used different flavored pudding. The last one I used was eggnog and it came out very well. You might try chocolate pudding for extra yumminess!
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
- 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.